7 Ways to Improve Employee Morale and Punctuality
Automated time and attendance systems make it quick and easy to accurately track when employees clock in and out every day. But they also offer an additional advantage that sometimes get overlooked – the ability to improve on-time attendance and employee morale.
Get Employees to Work On Time
Time tracking software programs help improve on-time attendance by giving managers complete visibility into employee schedules with just a few clicks of the mouse. With real-time workforce data at their fingertips, managers can schedule hours, shifts, breaks, job roles and more to support employees getting to work on time every day.
• Prevent scheduling conflicts. Automated time tracking systems allow employees to enter the times and dates when they aren’t available. That way, managers can schedule around conflicts that might cause staff to be late or even absent.
• Avoid double-booking mistakes. Accidentally scheduling employees for the same shift at separate work locations is a common error with manual time and attendance systems. Time tracking software systems prevent these scheduling mishaps by automatically alerting managers to double-booked staff.
• Easily find last-minute fill-ins. Suppose a staff member calls in sick at the last minute. With an automated system, you can easily identify and schedule an available replacement rather than calling one employee after another to see if they can cover the shift.
Boost Employee Morale
Flexible scheduling goes a long way toward improving employees’ attitudes on the job. Automated time and attendance software makes this possible with many robust features.
• Easily manage special requests. Using the software, employees can trade shifts, request time off, or find replacements on their own without having to call or text managers every time they want to make a change. Managers can easily manage the changes from a single staff management screen.
• Simplify different job/pay rate scheduling. Staff management software makes it a snap to permission and schedule employees who perform different jobs at multiple locations with different pay rates.
• Reduce payroll mistakes. Few things degrade employee morale like paycheck errors. Using an automated time and attendance system that seamlessly integrates with your payroll system eliminates these morale killers by preventing manual data entry errors.
• Mobile clock-in and clock-out. Today’s mobile employees appreciate the ability to clock-in and out from virtually anywhere using the web, cell phones, tablets, or other mobile applications.
With the right timeclock app, you can have punctual and happy employees. What are you waiting for?