Restaurant managers and owners are incessantly looking for new ideas to promote their business and attract more customers. There is no excuse for letting down your crew and jeopardizing your business because you were not thinking out of the box when it comes to promoting your restaurant. In this article we will share a couple of restaurant marketing ideas that require no or minimum funds invested.
1) Good music – This is one of those things you must have if you run a restaurant. Your targeted audience will dictate a type of music you want to play in your restaurant. For example, if you run an Italian restaurant, then pleasant Italian canzone should be your best choice. On the other hand, if you are trying to attract younger guests, then being familiar with currently popular hits is a must.
2) Meeting the neighbors is another very good way to attract customers to your restaurant. Companies in your neighborhood hire people that need to have breakfast and lunch on a daily basis, right? Why wouldn’t you put your restaurant in their minds by reaching out to your neighbors once in a while to remind them you are there for them. Handing out a couple of complimentary drinks to your neighbors could be a good tactic to establish the initial relationship with the first regular customers.
3) Hand out attractive leaflets – An excellent way to start promoting your business is to print out attractive looking leaflets and hand them out to hand-picked group of people or people passing by. Another approach that people frequently use is printing out such leaflets and simply sticking them out on the windshields of parked cars, which is not as effective as personal handing out of such promo material. Just an idea to consider.
4) Kick-start a discount – Even though you just started your restaurant business and you probably invested a large portion of your savings, if not everything you had, you still have to attract somehow your future customers. Carefully designing a promotional discount, somewhere around 20%, could be a great idea to attract instant customers. 20% seems as an ideal number because it’s not too large for you to go instantly bankrupt, and it is not too small making your potential customers simply ignore it.
5) Theme days or evenings – Although not all people would jump on the idea to dress in the style of 40’s or wear all white, organizing some kind of theme days or evenings makes things interesting and gives a reason to your customers to talk about your restaurant to others. Forcing customers to participate in your theme is to be avoided, of course, but at least your personal or restaurant ambient can be slightly adjusted for such events.
6) Happy hours – Organizing happy hours somewhere around the time when people usual finish their work or start going out in the evening is a lucrative way to attract new visitors to your business. Having all prices lowered or cut in half during that hour might cost you some money you would usually make; however, it will get people hurdling to your restaurant during those hours.
7) The ambiance is a value – Depending on your target audience, your restaurant could be arranged and organized in one way or another. If you are trying to attract young customers, then you definitely need to make your place look “In”. Having great decorations that would give the new generation a reason to take pictures in your restaurant and share it across the social media, spreading the word about your business, is a lucid approach to get some free marketing for your restaurant.
The story doesn’t end here! There are numerous effective ways how to attract customers to your restaurant – we’ve singled out the most important ones. If you would like to share some of your thoughts with us, please do not hesitate to contact us. We would love to hear from you!