Improve employee retention with better work schedules
Is your most important resource walking out the door?Right when you need them most – your most experienced, most professional or simply your most valuable employee is going to up and quit.
It’s not pretty – and thank goodness, it doesn’t happen every week – but it does happen.
It could be at the beginning of your busiest season. Or it could be two weeks before the most important event in the company’s history.
You know what?
The most valuable employees have a a way of doing that. It shouldn’t come as a surprise, because guess what?
- The more valuable your employee the more likely that they are in demand – elsewhere!
Improving employee retention is one of the great goals of any hiring manager, supervisor or HR professional. Once one good employee walks, it’s just possible that others are going to up and walk out too. Then you’re really in trouble.
We even have a client in Human Resources who found herself doing overtime in the garage.
News Flash: Good Employees Have Lives!
Respecting their lives – and finding out about them – is a really good way to keep the best performers happy.
An engineering firm we worked with in the last year told us that – much to their surprise – they didn’t know that one of their top performing team leaders was moonlighting as a concert pianist. He’d been using vacation and sick days to pursue what he liked better, and he was this close to walking when they contacted NimbleSchedule.
The firm knew this particular engineer wasn’t performing nine to five, Monday through Friday anyway. He was already working strange hours and making up shifts – and generally creating havoc for the shift schedulers. And the dispatchers, and the people on his team. But he was that valuable, and losing him would have meant months searching for a replacement.
The answer was a smart scheduling solution that the team-lead can check when he wants to. He can schedule time on and off the clock the way he wants, and pursue a music career at the same time. The company is doing better than ever and they saved a fortune in recruiting and down-time.
NimbleSchedule lets the entire team check in via remote, schedule days off by email and work much more agreeable, pleasant and life-friendly schedules.
The Advantages for Employees are these:
- Better time management
- Better control over their own work and life schedules
- More job satisfaction
- More time to enjoy all the other things that employees enjoy, family, friends, hobbies and free time.
But the Advantages for Employers using NimbleSchedule are even more:
- Employee Retention is seriously improved for much happier employees
- Complex or simple flex-time is handled easily
- Shifts can be scheduled in advance, or even at the last minute, with far fewer absences, cancellations or dropped shifts
- The entire work scheduling package integrates easily with existing systems, and it’s internet based and accessible to who ever needs it.
- Everyone gets updated as often as they need to by text, email or internet
- Reporting and data analysis mean that you can continually monitor the vastly improved performance.
Not everyone needs to let all their employees show up on a foot-loose flex-time plan, but enhanced internet-based scheduling makes a big difference. Employees know that you respect their personal lives, and all the obligations and constraints they’re also facing.
For that reason alone, NimbleSchedule will make a big difference in your employee retention efforts. And with everything else, you’ll wonder how you lived without it.