Learning from the Payroll Time Management Revolution
Making the Payroll Time Management Revolution Pay Off – For You and Your Business
Back offices are notoriously behind in automation, advanced technology and innovation. Manual and semi-automated process creek along and many of your best people are probably leaning over spreadsheets and inking in information that should have been captured when it happened.
- Schedules need creating
- Attendance sheets need updating
- They may even need to be remembered
- Replacement staff need to be contacted or called
- Missing data needs to be filled in or re-filled in
All of these seem like non-productive back-office tasks when you’re still eeking along, paying overtime and struggling to manage a payroll that can barely be followed, let alone analyzed.
But better data management doesn’t mean hiring a team of analysts and software specialists that come with an enterprise management software package.
The Payroll Time Management Solution
Payroll is expensive. For most businesses it’s the number one cost of doing business and the first thing that needs to be covered in a monthly spreadsheet.
Why is it so often the forgotten, rusty cog in the machine?
Here’s what advanced payroll time management should be doing for you now:
- Quickly and easily identifying scheduling conflicts – and resolving them – allows the same managers to concentrate on productive, moneymaking activities
- Tracking and monitoring employee working hours allows those same managers to put the employees in the shifts that work best. You’ll be surprised how often an employee’s favorite shift works best for the company too.
- Approving time-off requests and replacement workers from the field, or from the cloud, unclutters your managers desk, and mentality and keeps the whole process transparent – and free flowing.
- Eliminating early or late time-card punching and still having happier, more productive employees is not only possible, it’s the rule of the game!
The Automated Back-Office
By automating more of your back-office procedure you’re able to provide – and enjoy -insight into your entire production line. You’re making the office jockeys in your HR or Payroll departments into full fledged management participants in the productivity process.
Better managed teams, squads, crews or departments are those managed now, not based on last month’s information, but based on last month’s insight.
By automating more and more of your back office you’re no longer searching for replacement workers or struggling to correct errors from an increasing array of loose paper elements. Time-off, next week or next month is built into the system and you set the rules.
Attendance tracking is no problem, but what about performance tracking? Productivity tracking and optimal work conditions, hours, shifts or team leaders? All these factors that used to be sort of imagined by managers can now be built into your system and established, used, tweaked and modified.
Back office and payroll time management not only increases morale from the top to the bottom of your organization, but lays out a map so that you can easily analyze and actually see who are the most productive. You can see when was the most productive and you can recreate those conditions for every shift going forward.
There’s no time like right now to get the back part of your organization in line with the front. Getting even lackluster employees back in the game has never been easier or more worth the effort.