Why SaaS and Not Desktop SoftwareThe popularity of Software as a Service (SaaS) tools is on the rise. To be more precise, the SaaS industry measures exponential growth and leads in many market niches over the more traditional desktop software. So, the question may be posed: why is cloud better?
• With cloud software, there is no need to worry about local hardware and infrastructure. Since you do not have to maintain the local computer or server where the software app is hosted, the costs are significantly lower. Moreover, there is no need to spend money on any hardware upgrades, maintenance or similar. Cloud providers will handle that on their end.
• SaaS offers better and easier accessibility. In most cases, all you need is a browser to access the cloud app. Such low requirements make cloud apps extremely popular due to high coverage when it comes to all those different devices you could use to access them. Usually no special plug-ins or add-ons are needed on your computer or smart phone to access a cloud app. You just need the Internet connection and you are good to go!
• There is no need to worry about upgrades or bug fixes. Occasionally software developers release a new version of their software or patches for found bugs and issues. With SaaS there is almost nothing you need to do on your end to complete that. A cloud software developer will perform all upgrades on their end, letting you dedicate your precious time to more important things. No more downloads, installations and tricky step-by-step instructions on how to upgrade your software and worrying whether or not your data will be damaged or corrupted at the end of the installation process.
• SaaS platforms offer simple and easy integrations with different tools. While some desktop software types occasionally offer different plug-ins for their tool, cloud platforms are much more flexible when it comes to various API integrations. Building a powerful network of tools that can help you run your business on various aspects is no longer a hassle. You can integrate your favorite POS system with your scheduling platform, along with your HR and Payroll systems and have all those systems talk to each other while syncing your data in no time.
• Cloud systems require less initial costs. Since SaaS is almost always subscription-based, there is no expensive license purchasing involved at the beginning. You simply pay as you go. In case you change your mind and conclude that some specific system is not that useful for your needs as you initially thought it would be, you can just cancel it and minimize the amount of money wasted on such piece of software. With desktop software, once you pay for the license, you are stuck with it.
We could continue naming different pros of using the SaaS for your business needs, but we’d love to hear from you how SaaS improved your business process and helped you save your money and time. If you have any comments or opinions to share with us, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.